Why am I blogging?

Why am I blogging? 

As a 27-year-old and 5th year teacher, I have learned that the process of reflection has improved my life and teaching significantly. This blog is going to be a vehicle for me to continue this honest reflection in all aspects of my life. I have blogged in the past and have become unmotivated because I felt like I was writing for an audience and it became somewhat ingenuine. With that being said, this blog will selfishly revolve around my extremely biased thoughts and opinions about the world, myself, and my passion, education.



Education
I want to take chances by:
- Using a new grading system where students are self-reflective/conferences where we decide what areas are most relevant to students demonstrating growth (well beyond understanding content and ability to do skills- but effort, note taking, stretching their comfort zones)
- Leverage new technology to increase engagement, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Learning about whether blended learning is best for my students and I

Personal Life
Each week I will attempt to blog about my experiences with the life challenges that I give my students. The theme for this semester will be to get outside my comfort zone. I started off the semester sharing my first time traveling alone to Costa Rica and Nicaragua and describing the fear, anxiety, and excitement of challenging myself to be alone in a foreign place. I also hope to have students guest blog their experience for the week.


Feedback: Please do not hesitate to give me feedback as long as it is respectful. If you have done what I am trying, please give me advice. If you disagree with my assessment of something, please share your perspective.

Follow me on twitter @MrFritz8 https://twitter.com/MrFritz8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grades: What do they really motivate? (part 1)

Shifting ownership to students through feedback and reflection... not points

Don't tell me grades should only reflect learning